Darrington Appreciation Days, August 20-21

mattp

Earlier this year, the Forest Service closed the road to the Darrington climbing area, and we had a phone and letter campaign teling them how important it was to us. They reopened the road.

Come on out and enjoy it. Several of us will be out there this weekend, and it looks like there will be opportunities to hook up with some of your fellow cc.com sprayers and explore the area.

I plan to camp on the Blueberry Hill road Friday and Saturday nights. I'll have a White Subaru wagon or a red Toyota Corolla unless somebody gives me a ride. I have a partner for Saturday, and tentative one for Sunday, but I think we can probably mix and match.

Post here or send a p.m.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The event was sparsely attended, but four showed up. Mattp, knotzen, duroxmanie, and catbirdseat between us managed to climb Cornucopia, Big Tree 1, and Total Soul.

I saw the new kiosk for the first time. It looks pretty sharp. I noticed there were quite a few names in the trail register. This is a good thing. If you go, by all means sign in. It tells the Forest Service that we are there and that we use the resource.

And I hereby change my name from knotzen to notzen, to reflect my actual climbing style ("Fuck!" "I'm SOOO thirsty!" "Fuck!" "Aaaaagh!").

But it was a good day. A beautiful setting to swear in, and it was cool to meet some fellow cc.comers.

Edited by knotzen

DTown wasn't quite as sparsely attended as you portray, Catbird. I climbed with AlpineK on Saturday, and Dirty Leaf camped with us Friday night after climbing Dreamer with JSHanster on Friday. There were three parties on Blueberry Hill on Saturday, two teams on Dreamer yesterday, and two "other guys" were climbing at Three O'Clock Rock while we were there. Maybe they didn't know the secret handshake but I think they were out there appreciating Darrington.