Heart Rate Monitors?

Squid

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A really cheap HRT is to put your hand over your heart and see if it is really pounding. If its really pounding, you may want to slow down, or you'll have a heart attack. But at the same time, try to keep the heart pumping fast, so that you get good exercise. Also drink a lot of red wine, as I've heard that is good for the heart. Even better if it comes in boxes. Once I had a girlfriend, but she dumped me and that broke my heart. Well, it in a figurative sense...I'm pretty sure that my actual physical heart was fine, but I was pretty unhappy. Don't worry, I'm fine now.

I used to have a Polar HRM that I used when running. The batteries ran out for the 2nd or 3rd time and I did not feel like searching for the shipping info to send it into the company to change them. I just tossed it in the trash last week when I moved. If you want to spend the money, get a model that lets you can change your own batteries and that is user friendly to program.

I use Olyclimber's model... palpate my own pulse and time using my watch.

hey squid, an hrm is a great idea! i wish i had one myself and think i will get one if i decide to "train" to run again. before, i wondered why i could run so many miles every week and not lose any weight. it was annoying as all get out, and i'm pretty sure it's because i was running too hard (because i certainly wasn't eating any more or differently).

I've had two low end Polar models and they've worked well. I've done my own battery replacement on the watch with varying results. If I were to get another one I'd definitely look for one that are designed for you to replace your own battery. The battery for the chest monitor can not be replaced so you have to replace the entire unit.

• 2 weeks later...

It seems that Suunto has a pretty sweet offering in the HRM game. Yeah the X6HR is awesome and get that if you have a spare $500. But they have a new one called the X3(just like the BMW you drive around) that retails for $150, but I've seen it cheaper at many different places. Ch-check it out