tool leashes

letsroll

On of my leashes on my Quarks broke dry tooling, the clipper leash. Anyway I never liked how they hung when rock climbing, the hang point is in the middle of the axe so the head and spike are level with each other. But liked the ability to clip in and out. They always got in the way. I was looking at the BD Android Leash and or something simular to the Petzl Charlet Freelock Leash . Does the Android leash make the tool hang spike up so it is easy to grab? Or should I just get the Freelock and be happy?

Edited by letsroll

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

retrofitting the android works better for me than the freelock. easier to clip in and out, but can come unclipped accidentally easier, too.

paying attention avoids this well, but you never know....shocked.gif

android clip can be clamped back to wrist webbing to stay out of way when belaying, etc.

rock climbing with dangling tools is a bumbly show no matter what.

On of my leashes on my Quarks broke dry tooling, the clipper leash. Anyway I never liked how they hung when rock climbing, the hang point is in the middle of the axe so the head and spike are level with each other. But liked the ability to clip in and out. They always got in the way. I was looking at the BD Android Leash and or something simular to the Petzl Charlet Freelock Leash . Does the Android leash make the tool hang spike up so it is easy to grab? Or should I just get the Freelock and be happy?

Nice thing about the Android's is that you can adjust the clip point to your personal preference. I really like them, and I've never had them spontaneously unclip.

I have androids, had them self-release only once (but didn't drop the tool). Now I kind of double check the action every time I reclip it. It seems you can kind of clip it without it latching all the way and if you give it a little jiggle, it clicks the rest of the way.

That said, I love these leashes!