[TR] smith- FA - aid is aid 6/25/2005

corvallisclimb

Climb: smith-FA - aid is aid

Date of Climb: 6/25/2005

Trip Report:

trying to avoid the crowds i ventured out into the marsupials in search of something interesting to climb with about 5 hours. i climbed what i belive to be a new aid route up the east face of the mudpile. a lot of loose rock and hollow blocks where what i encounterd but i had fun and it never got too sketchy. the start was the most dangerous. if i where to rate it i would assume something like 5.6 A2+ no bolts where placed... now someone tell me if im wrong

5913new_route.JPG

i thought it might go free at hard 5.11 if you like pulling roofs with loose rocks and bad protection?

Gear Notes:

cams to 3" x 2

nuts X 2

3 beaks

2 LAs

1 angle

hooks - grappling and cliff hanger

Approach Notes:

somewhere out there

Edited by corvallisclimb

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

come on T, learn how to do real climbing, not this pretend climbing shit! I expect you to free that by the end of the summer. ready, set, go.

if i could free climb! i started working another new aid line on the west face of the mud pile. im hopeing to finish it so i can call it "chosstranaut" it consisted of a string tipped out beaks in crumbly rock. even the bolts i figured had to place (to avoid ripping the whole pitch) crumbled a bit. any one wanna have an adventure? heres to new wave smith aid!! bigdrink.gifbigdrink.gif