climbing some classics are more fun than others

chucK

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

okay I'm bored so I will bite

WA- Really enjoyed west face of news the line is really asthetic, and rebel yell the headwall pitch ruled

thought ebd on sews was kinda lame, bolts and short pitches

leavenworth- enjoyed fault-midway link up no loose rock vaired climbing with emphasis on easy chimneys

loathed r & D route can you say gravel

alpine south face of prussik rules- solid granite crack climbing doesn't get much better, hands to chimney

east ridge of forbidden was some loose rock, some solid, not that exposured, felt like I could have blamed off to the north side and hiked to the summit at anypoint = contrived

Liberty Bell Becky Route is not worth the grovel up that gully and the crowds. There are many better routes for the same amount of effort. In fact, I don't really like the granite that much at WA pass anyways. Yeah, it's fun a few times, but I don't think I'll go back there too often again.

i liked becky route + concord tower, the 2 together were worth the reasonable hike.

the tooth grin.gif not classic

backbone on dragontail, incredible setting, almost direct to summit. my only beef was for all the effort there were really only 5 quality pitches, the offwidth down low and 4 on the fin. that said it was great to do once.

Angel's crest was better than Rock on + Squam butt. Orbit was better than Outer space. Epinephrine better than Levitation 29. Davis-Holland/Lovin arms better than Centerfold. Magic light better than Overboard. Deflowered better than Penelope's walk. Split pillar better than Illusion dweller. Thin fingers better than Clean crack. The Land down under better than Rainy day woman. And by a whisker, Chossil rock over Chossman's coulee.