Rebuilding Schurman Rock

Alpine_Tom

I just got the following e-mail this morning:

The Schurman Rock fundraising effort is at $83,000! Seattle Parks Foundation is raising $90,000 to renovate the Rock at Camp Long and is hoping to reopen it for public use in the Spring.

We are asking you to donate towards the first manmade, all natural climbing rock in North America. Because REI is matching all donations dollar for dollar, your support will be doubled. A $50 donation equals $100!

The local mountaineer community has been unbelievably supportive of this effort and is excited to see Schurman Rock reopen so all ages of climbers, beginners and advanced, can enjoy real outdoor climbing right here in Seattle.

Please send your donation to:

Seattle Parks Foundation

860 Terry Avenue North

Seattle, WA 98109

Please contact me if you want more information. Thanks for supporting this regional climbing icon,

Kris Sorensen

Project Manager

Seattle Parks Foundation

(206) 332-9900

kris@seattleparksfoundation.org

I don't know why I got it, maybe because I'd e-mailed various people at the City to ask why, exactly, Schurman Rock was closed down. (Turns out it wasn't because of the earthquake, but because of earth shifting problems that had been accumulating for years.)

I assume "the local mountaineering community" is "The Mountaineers."

At any rate, this is, I guess, good news, and anyone who wants to probably ought to contribute.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic