Climbing legends and a chance Stefan encounter...

Pencil_Pusher

So I went to a party the other night and was walking in behind someone pushing a dude in a wheelchair. I looked at the wheelchair dude from behind and thought it may be resident-dirtbag-skier, Bill. It wasn't so I mingled with the other people.

Come back later and see wheelchair dude has one cast around his ankle, bummer. THEN I see another freaking cast, colored purple on his OTHER ankle. STEFAN!! After reading the posts here with some curiousity, that name immediately came to mind. So I smiled like I knew him and said, "Stefan!" Sure enough, it was him.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery, Stefan. I am curious though, how did you manage to post here with your feet elevated above your heart? Must've made for some interesting typing! [Wink]

[big Drink] to Stefan

[big Drink][big Drink] For all the legendary climbers I got to meet there. They had some great photos. [big Drink] to Ed Bolton and his intrepid story ascending Willis Wall with Wickwire a looooong time ago. Willis Wall? [hell no]

Ed is a very nice person and has some excellent climbing photos.

It seems like it's only us that change while the mountains stay the same. Here's to both young and old, in our exploration and challenge of ourselves and the mountains. :salute:

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic