Enchantment Conditions

cicleclimb

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I scouted road conditions last weekend. The road to Colchuck/Stuart Lake TH is blocked about 1.25 miles from the TH. The trail is pretty good to the Stuart/Colchuck split. The trail continues toward Stuart Lake. The way to Colchuck hasn't seen traffic in a while. The snow aon the way to Colchuck was knee-deep mush on Sunday afternoon.

I didn't make it in to check conditions on any routes.

Blocked by snow. It's not terribly deep, but you will get stuck if you are driving anything less than a full-on 4x4 with aggressive tires. When I say full on 4x4, I'm not talking about something you would buy at a dealership.

In short, sack up and walk the mile.

One of these would do the trick:

unimog.gif

Went in to Colchuck Lake/Colchuck Peak Monday-Wednesday. If sunny warm temps persist you might be able to get a standard 4x4 truck with good tires to the summer trailhead this weekend. I got my truck to within a half mile or so and things were warming up considerably on our way out and melting fast. Trail is well broken all the way to and around the lake by us and a party on snowshoes. Climbing conditions in the area are a little harder to say. We didn't do any climbing and by the looks of it TC was snowy but perhaps without significant ice or neve. From the south end of the lake the couloirs appear very filled in, but tuesday night it snowed about 4-6 inches and I'm skeptical that things were consolidated on Dragontail in the first place. But I could be wrong. Only one way to find out I guess...