washing rope

letsroll

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1) Wash on cold with Woolite.

2) Tie up your rope in an electricians braid (this takes a while) or it will tangle all over the spindle.

3) I would also suggest using an industrial front-loader at the laundromat for the job to avoid any possible damage you might incur upon your home washer.

I read on one of the rope maker's webpages (sterling?) that you can use the normal temp, not cold. Evidentally the rope material is subjected to hotter stuff in production, so no big deal. Other than that... daisy chain and use woolite, flake it out to dry in a warm but not especially hot place.

add a dash of liquid fabric softner after it's clean and rinsed

would you add the fabris softener and then run it through again with no soap? I don't follow.

I flake the rope in the tub, add liquid soap (woolite) then fill and wash by hand. Rinse and add a little liquid softner, soak and rinse again. To dry, I lay it on the floor (carpet) in large loops.

thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif I second that method. No worries about the rope gettin' cozy with the agitator.

You can also hang the rope off the shower curtain rod in large loops to dry. Just don't be surprised when the rod comes crashing down in the middle of the night under all the weight. blush.gif

-kurt

I also have washed my rope in the tub. Most places that sell rope also sell a rope cleaning brush. Run the brush over the rope 2-3 times depending on how much dirt comes out... It does take awhile to dry though. Nice job on getting out there, and getting your rope dirty!