MK1 Lite v XL (or i-tent v El) Tent Size

ridgeline

Just can’t decide….

Use: everything – lower 48, 4 season, 2 people – I’m under 6’ some partners are hovering around 6’ – potential AK trip.

Do people find the added space, vestibule option, and cost of the MK1 XL outweigh the lower cost, lighter, but smaller MK1 Lite version (or the i-tent vs eldorado – same sizes, same applies I guess).

Ideally I was going for the XL in the eVent - larger tent for less weight. But that’s not an option now.

I guess I’m not concerned with tight sleeping quarters as much but gear storage, cooking, etc.

Thanks

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Having used the I/eldo tents: I've been happy with my Eldo since I have room for boots, spare clothes, cooking, etc. There's not enough room for putting packs in it comfortably, unless you're camping solo...it could be done in stormy conditions though. My partners and I are generally under 5'10", so we're not filling it up with ourselves, which makes the tent a little roomier. FYI, I've set up a hanging stove system in it and it saves considerable floor space.

edit: it all depends on your size though. I really don't mind carrying the extra half pound so I have lots of room.

Edited by wazzumountaineer

I have the XL, I think the lite is just too small for 2 people if you plan on being out for a few days. If I need to go the lightest I would take a bivy.

FWIW, the ID tents are superior to the Biblers, IMHO. The pole inserts and attachments are better.