Hey DavidW

Peter_Puget

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Those are relatively hard climbs. Most climbers go to Darrington for moderate outings, because it has been known for good, low angle, moderate climbing. However, I think David's book will allow more climbers to find out that there is in fact good climbing that is in places steep and that there are some pretty hard climbs in addition to the long slab climbs the area is known for.

quote:

Originally posted by mattp:

Those are relatively hard climbs. Most climbers go to Darrington for moderate outings, because it has been known for good, low angle, moderate climbing. However, I think David's book will allow more climbers to find out that there is in fact good climbing that is in places steep and that there are some pretty hard climbs in addition to the long slab climbs the area is known for.

A while back I went up to do one of the recent routes (I can't remember the name)put up in the Comb area by Dave Gunstone. While on that route (we bailed from the top of two due to wetness falling from the sky)I looked to the north to see what appeared to be wickedly steep cracks and face that showed signs of having been climbed on.

Yeah, there is some steep at Darrington. Real adventure type stuff.

hey sorry I missed all this but my attentions were elsewhere friday afternoon! Yea I've been putting in about 12 hours a week on the guidebook for close to 8 months now. And of course I'd welcome any information from anyone about any route up there. I'm still planning on having the thing available some time in the spring..... perhaps march or april but as long as its sunny and dry out I'm still managing to collect information.

I'd very much appreciate information, pics or topo's, for some of the following:

1. the two Gunstone routes on the Comb

2. anything on the Witch Dr. Wall side of Exfo Dome.

3. the two 5.11 routes on the left side of 3 Oclock

4. anything on Squire Creek

5. that mythical route "the scar" on Blueberry

I have some info on all of these but ascents are so rare that I seldom if ever hear of people who have climbed these routes.