• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
Jason_Martin

Climbing in Cabo San Lucas

Does anyone have any information about climbing in Cabo? I've found a lot of references to rock climbing on Lover's Beach and a few bouldering photos, but no real info.

Has anybody been there to climb? If so, what kinds of routes did you encounter? What gear would you suggest? It it primarily sport stuff or is there trad stuff too? And lastly, are you aware of any guidebooks?

Thanks,

Jason

Gritty, crumbly large crystal granite and rusty bolts

There was an old R&I with a mini-guide and a pic of Heidi Badaracco in a bikini. Same issue with Paul Piana retrobolting the Brown dihedral on the Pan Am route.

While I was there I scouted around and concur with Dru 100%. Things have been climbed but it's crappy rock for the most part- flaky and scaly. Better to climb elsewhere and go to Cabo for water, sun, skin, and booze. bigdrink.gif

ditto, imo not worth packing a rack to climb kitty litter but at least take the shoes and chalk bag. There's some fun traverses at Lover's and around the point.

Maybe you can find the artificial holds Araceli bolted on to the towers off the point for the opening scene of the IMAX Everest trash.

crap!

i'm going for a week in october...is there anything exciting besides "water, sun, skin, and booze"? sea kayaking? hiking?

maybe i'll just have to get scuba certified...

when are you going jason?

Probably August when it's really hot down there. It seems like it might be worth shoes and a chalk bag, but that's about it as far as climbing. Guess I'll have to participate in "normal" beach activities.

Jason

Edited by Jason_Martin

Iwent down a couple years back(worldmark)fishing is great, I wish I was going back,maybe in another couple years. Loads of things to do.

Just leave the wank gear at home and so snorkeling and surfing, the water is only 80 degerees.

I tried to tell a friend who just went, but he insisted...only to come to the same conclusions upon seeing the rock.

Screw climbing, go swimming!!!

I'm telling you just take a drill and a couple dozen plastic holds and you're all set.

Otherwise go check out Cabo Pulmo.

Yeah surf, sport fish, eat good mexican food, and drink. Forget about climbing, that place is beautiful and great place to just chill.