BD Android vs. Charlet Clipper leashes?

Chad_A

Who likes what?

I was looking at the Androids; looks like the bolt-on version will work with my Axars, since they have a hole in the appropriate place, with a black plug in it. I fidgeted with the Charlet version in the shop, but it seems a bit trickier, and I can only assume moreso once I have a set of warm gloves on.

Looking for input. Disclaimer: sorry if I have the name wrong for the Charlet version. I think they're referred to as the Clipper, but could be wrong. cantfocus.gif

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i just don't know how much sense leashes make at this point. after climbing for about a year now, i am convinced leashes suck. i went 3 weeks ago on mr freeze with my leash tools and they absolutely suck. i don't think you get less tired, can't match hands, your wrists are restricted, hands rest more against the ice, so i don't see any advantages to leashes. this reminds me when i started climbing everyone was still using ambilical cords with the tools. i think switching to leashels is mre mental barrier then anything. i was just watching in quebec a couple of newbies learnig to ice climb and they were using leashless tools. they were doing it quite well. then one of them took some cobras and it was miserable for him.

i just don't know how much sense leashes make at this point. after climbing for about a year now, i am convinced leashes suck. i went 3 weeks ago on mr freeze with my leash tools and they absolutely suck. i don't think you get less tired, can't match hands, your wrists are restricted, hands rest more against the ice, so i don't see any advantages to leashes. this reminds me when i started climbing everyone was still using ambilical cords with the tools. i think switching to leashels is mre mental barrier then anything. i was just watching in quebec a couple of newbies learnig to ice climb and they were using leashless tools. they were doing it quite well. then one of them took some cobras and it was miserable for him.

Because I can't afford to replace my existing Axars, and what's more, if I can only have one set of tools for now, I need something that plunges well in the alpine, where my main interest lies. So, I have to make them somewhat liveable for WI climbing that I *occasionally* do, and the freelock leashes that are on them right now just aren't as user friendly for that.

Because I can't afford to replace my existing Axars, and what's more, if I can only have one set of tools for now, I need something that plunges well in the alpine, where my main interest lies. So, I have to make them somewhat liveable for WI climbing that I *occasionally* do, and the freelock leashes that are on them right now just aren't as user friendly for that.

if you "climb" stuffthat majority you do is plunging you can get by with light straight shaft tool and ski poles with w whipped.