Mark_Husbands

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Safety glasses are cheap. You can get them at Home Depot, Lowes, any home improvement place. A construction supply place usually has all kinds; clear, yellow, UV-rated, whatever you want. Anyone that does anything with their hands for a living these days is usually required to where them. I've always thought wearing them ice-climbing would be a great idea...

Safety glasses are cheap. You can get them at Home Depot, Lowes, any home improvement place. A construction supply place

look for models that have an actual "nose rest" (not sure what you call the gizmo that rests on the bridge of your nose) a buddy of mine, using a really cheap model, where the edge of the lens lays directly on your nose, ended up with a very nasty cut from the impact

another vote for the home depot $9.99 safety glasses, i like the yellow lens 100% UV ones. i find it is imperitive to put cat crap or similar lens de-fogger on them; unlike your nice sunglasses, they don't have any fancy coating or anything, and are prone to fogging unless you make a preemptive strike... the price is right, eh?

Petzl Face shield... goggles fit underneath it comfortable for those windy days on the mtn and you don't get those mystery cheekbone scars. REI has them on sale for cheap right now. I have ripped one off this year so far and REI gave me a new one.

Dumb question - I have been wondering if it's possible to fit one of these on a petzl ecrin roc.

On our last drytooling night I tried yellow lens safety glasses. They would be perfect (durable and much improved visibility in the dark) except for what forrest_m points out: fogging! They hug your face a little more so they don't breath as well. I plan on adding some anti-fog shit and drilling some vent holes in 'em, but asside from this they seem to work well.

And, I've seen Nolse's clear lense. It's big, but it looks bombproof. No venting issues here! But, don't you need a special helmet for them? Looks like your's mate together.

Petzl Face shield... goggles fit underneath it comfortable for those windy days on the mtn and you don't get those mystery cheekbone scars. REI has them on sale for cheap right now. I have ripped one off this year so far and REI gave me a new one.

Dumb question - I have been wondering if it's possible to fit one of these on a petzl ecrin roc.

Petzl claims any helmet though they specifically reinforce the Elios's plastic at the points you are suppose to drill so you don’t crack the helmet (which my friend did). I don’t see why you couldn’t… I have an old ecrin at home that has had one too many head shot… I drill it and see how well it fits and post pics.