N. Idaho & NW Montana

Skatan

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

i just posted some photos of mission falls (1997) in the ice climbing gallery. actually was headed that way this evening (from pdx), however my partner in montucky reported that what was fat is now slush. holdin' off until later in february and hopin' fer arctic cold.

Cool Pic. Is that across the valley and across the river? Does mission falls form up fat, or does it have too much flow?

I have never seen them in winter...only in summer.

My dad lives in Polson 20 mins north of St. Ignatius, so I have him on a recon mission next chill.

mission falls itself doesn't form up...or at least not enough for me to climb...some minor drips on the southwest rock next to one of the larger falls does (there are other areas that form up too, but i have not climbed them). you actually have to cross the falls at one point on a snow/ice bridge. it's great climbing in a beautiful wild setting. i'm missing it this year. i spent most of my life in missoula and up on the rez. my parents live just outside of polson on the lake.