Time to climb and drink Eugene-ites!

Anna

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

anyhow, the sheer amount of wankers with UofO shit flying of their vehicles angered me, and I don't know if I can ever go back there.

You think the U of O is bad, try being on the University of Tennesse-Knoxville campus during a gameday. It is a FUCKING nightmare. The stadium holds 107,000 people, so the place turns into a total shitstorm. The home games not only shut down the campus (which in and of itself is HUGE) it shuts down the interstate (for miles a way) and many major thoroughfares in Knoxville.

It is hell on earth...

[ 10-15-2002, 01:12 AM: Message edited by: bellemontagne ]

Should we consider going to another place? High Street has been getting REALLY crowded indoors now that the temps have gone down - and there is only one table for more than four people indoors.

Part of climbing at the columns before Pub Club is that it's getting darker earlier and earlier. Us working folk can't always cut out of work tearly enough to get a climb in...

If you guys wanna hit the Crux beforehand, that's totally cool. As for me, you know how I like climbing gyms...

It sounds like attendance will be better this week. No one showed up at NorthBank when I was there last time. However, Randy ended up showing up late and no one was there then either.

quote:

Originally posted by bellemontagne:

Could you call Nick or Randy? I don't have their contact info.

Thanks!

yeppers [big Grin]

we must pick the plce first though. where is RY???? and ANNA??? and tex for this vital conversation???

I'm back...thought I'd go scare my instructor today. Man, what a beautiful day to fly! I don't care where we drink. I'm all for the Crux, I get off of work at 1400 so I am game anytime after that. 1900ish meeting at the gym?? 2100 for beverages??

I'm back...thought I'd go scare my instructor today. Man, what a beautiful day to fly! I don't care where we drink. I'm all for the Crux, I get off of work at 1400 so I am game anytime after that. 1900ish meeting at the gym?? 2100 for beverages??

Oh yeah,

To all you that have no school spirit [Moon]

I have no flying OU duck banners nor any big "O"'s, hell, I don't even attend OU, but I think it's great that the people of this town show so much support. I'm sure the players really appreciate it too! It really does make a difference, sometimes player performance is based on whether there is a good fan base or not so with that said....GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Besides, home game days are a good excuse to drink!

quote:

Originally posted by Anna:

Gym???
[Wazzup]
What about the columns? The weather should be nice and that was the idea to climb first then drink. If the weather is crappy then the gym it is...when will you be there?

I have to work until 6:15 at least. I don't think there is enough light after that to warrent a top rope. Might get one lap in????

quote:

Originally posted by gapertimmy:

i was in euguene over the weekend, actually at the lane county forest work camp (read: low security prison... was I serving time or....?), anyhow, the sheer amount of wankers with UofO shit flying of their vehicles angered me, and I don't know if I can ever go back there.

pisses me off too [Wink] and I'm not even a HUSKIES FAN [Razz]

quote:

Originally posted by gapertimmy:

its cool to have team spirt, college town and all, but getting a deep forest green paint job on your rig, 2 flags, and one of those big ass O's is just kinda lame.

It is not that there is ONE of those in town... It is the VOLUME that freeks me. then there are the kids at thing ones school. Friday before game day... yellow and green on almost every kid and a bunch of girls have little UofO cheer out fits... where is the barfing gremlin [Roll Eyes][Roll Eyes][Roll Eyes]

quote:

Originally posted by iain:

in retrospect I see you were referring to annoying dogs at crags topic, rather than The Adventures of Trask and his slobbering Wonderhound topic
[Roll Eyes]

actualy I thought I was giving Timm@y a hard time for going to the college he went to... you would have to check out the RIVALRY between UofO and UW, but what the heck do I know or care [Roll Eyes][Roll Eyes]