Tons of NEW Dana Design Backpack to Clear 4 CHEAP

dxmetal

All Brand New, never been worn 2004 backpack ! Dana being bought by MArmot. Get the original Dana Design b4 marmot screws it up ! Smile

Glacier Pack Bronze color in size XL/X MSRP $ 299 Sale:$199

http://www.danadesign.com/packs/arc/glacier.asp

Mazama color is Deep Green Backpack size Large MSRP $ 229 Sale $165

size 3900 only 3 lb 9 oz !

http://www.danadesign.com/packs/access/mazama.asp

Bridger Color is Bronze size L/XL MSRP $269 Sale $180

http://www.danadesign.com/packs/arc/bridger.asp

Terraplane LTW Dark Green - size M Retail $400 Sale: $250

http://www.danadesign.com/packs/arc/terraplane_ltw.asp

Winner of Backpacker magazine gold award, YES IT IS THAT GOOD FOR BIG LOAD.

PM me or email me dxmetal at yahoo dot com

I have tons of references from this site and others , as well as ebay too.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My point was only that generally when a company buys out another quality slides… however there are notable exceptions. To date Arcteryx is still making bomber stuff regardless of their parent company.

As Bouchard (founder of wild things) said “if you can’t climb gear won’t help you; if you can climb you won’t need it/it will only weigh you down” (or something to that effect) or put another way “the climber makes the gear… the gear doesn’t make the climber.”

If you are out there every weekend you’re going to get a pretty quick idea of what does and doesn’t work. It’s like when ever I am in a gear shop and some employee tells me that x item is the bomb… I ask him how many times he/she has used it, how often, etc etc. You will quickly find out whether or not they are getting out every weekend and truly abusing this stuff (which if this is the case you should ask them if they need a partner) or if that is what the rep told them.

A good way to track a clothing garments quality is to find out how many stitches per inch (SPI) the garment has in high wear areas (don’t expect your average punter gear shop employee to know this… email the company).

When Arcteryx first came out they did 13 SPI in their jackets. For comparison TNF uses 6 SPI. With that said back in the day TNF used 10. Hmmm…

But to answer your question a few examples (not a definitive list) of good stuff (feel free to add):

Cold cold world and wild things backpacks.

Wild things and Integral Designs sleeping bags.

Arcteryx, Patagonia, Cloudveil outerwear.

Nunatuk or Feather Friends down items.

Between these companies you should be more than outfitted.

Thanks NOLSe. I typically stick with what holds together while im out. I was merely commenting on the depressing trend that were are apparently witnessing of companies that make good gear selling out. Soon after, more often than not, you begin to see the gradual (or occasionally sudden) decline in gear quality. I have a couple other things going on other than monitoring this site, so Im not always ontop of these unfortunate transactions. I said that I didnt want to hear it, but what that actually translates to is that Im sorry to hear it, but its good to know. It's kinda a bummer when you dont know, and you drop a significant amount of money on an item, take it out and it blows immediately. Come to find that xxx co. is now owned by a company that has been known to make chincy gear, and now you have lost money because you happened to purchase a piece from their first season of shit gear (that was probably more expensive than it used to be, which should probably be an indicator). A lot of people say that as long as they provide warantee coverage, whats the problem? I prefer to not waste my time sending a piece of shit in to be repaired and returned as a repaired piece of shit (or replaced by a piece of shit). It is for these reasons that I refuse to support TNF the_finger.gif as I did 12 years ago.

With all that said, I guess the message is that I need to pay a little closer attention the goings ons of the companies I choose to support. I truely appreciate the information that has been provided in this thread, as I had no idea about many of those acquisitions mentioned above. Thanks again.

I'm pretty certain K2 fucked up the 'original' DD packs years ago.

Like almost a decade ago.

And LF (think Jeans and Bras) screwed up the North Face

Uh...TNF was pretty screwed before they got a buyer. They screwed themselves when they went to cheaper fabrics and production in China back in 1998. And when they started selling their stuff in Gart sports and Nordstrom. How confused is that for brand strategy... If Vanity Fair hadn't rescued the brand it might not exist today, and I wouldn't have got $2 cash for my stock.