Mammut softshell pants?

Dr_Crash

Anybody has experience to share? I am looking to replace my REI One pants, and the Mammut seems to have the features I want. I am looking at the Champ and the Castor (and I am looking online...) Bentgate claims here (http://store.bentgate.com/caspanbymam.html) that the Castor is waterproof but Mammut's Web site lists both the Champ and the Castor as being made of Scholler Dryskin Extreme. Any idea?

Thanks!

drC

(My son wants me to add this to my post: HCL.gif - Here you go, darling.)

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've used the Castor pants for 2 season, they've quickly become my favorites. The mess covered, zippered knee vents make them really versatile in a wide range of temperatures. Temperatures don't get that low here in the pnw, but I've only used long underwear once with them; yet have used them for spring/summer volcano slogging as well.

Don't see why Mammut decontinued that model.

edit: to answer the question on waterproofness, the Castors are made of DryTech/WB400. Thin stretchy Schoeller combined with WB400 membrane which they call waterproof and wind resistant.

I don't know about waterproof, but they're pretty resistant...

Edited by russ