Holiday PC gone mad

Fairweather

Did you read them? They are PPP as well.

so what? shitty boss; leave. bad job market simplt means that you can't get the wage you want for the job you want. you can find a job if you want one. just because you don't like the wage/job and think you are too good for it doesn't mean its not there.

I suggest that people in this position either shut up about it or do something about it.

yelrotflmao.gif That's a motherfucking funny thing to say coming from a 20something college student. You've had exactly how many professional jobs :wazzup: yelrotflmao.gif iain's right about you

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And they fired several people who did (including a manager who refused to ask it of his employees). Several people left. In the middle of a bad job market finding new employment isn't easy.

There are many ways to make such an employer pay. Intentionally reducing productivity is the best, and easiest way to do so. Unless you are billing clients, this is feasible and I see nothing unethical about it. You have to work 50 hours - fine, but only actually *do* 40 hours of work, and, if possible, do something else during those 10 hours.

Employers who treat their employees like shit deserve neither the respect, nor the full cooperation of their employees, IMNSHO.

Did you read them? They are PPP as well.

so what? shitty boss; leave. bad job market simplt means that you can't get the wage you want for the job you want. you can find a job if you want one. just because you don't like the wage/job and think you are too good for it doesn't mean its not there.

I suggest that people in this position either shut up about it or do something about it.

yelrotflmao.gif That's a motherfucking funny thing to say coming from a 20something college student. You've had exactly how many professional jobs :wazzup: yelrotflmao.gif iain's right about you

Hmmm part ownership in a fly fishing lodge. I think I put in 2.5 times the amount of hours you are complaining about. I think you should look into the background of those you criticize ace. wave.gif

Hmmm part ownership in a fly fishing lodge. I think I put in 2.5 times the amount of hours you are complaining about. I think you should look into the background of those you criticize ace. wave.gif

You've never worked a professional job in your life. Entrepeneurship, while admirable, is not the same as a professional career. Oh, and ace, you linked to the same stats twice "List of countries by GDP (currency exchange rate) per capita". That isn't PPP wazzup.gif

Kaskady - I agree with you; luckily it wasn't my group. Any company in a capitalist society that has to use the stick to motivate is doomed to failure eventually.

Kaskady - I agree with you; luckily it wasn't my group. Any company in a capitalist society that has to use the stick to motivate is doomed to failure eventually.

One last comment: I think some overtime can raise productivity in the short term, but does not work over the long haul. People burn out and tend to be less efficient in their work. I think you may have a point in that some of the countries you cite in general probably have a better attitude about this than we have in a lot of our corporations (especially the bigger ones). I'm also a big believer in vacation, and always have negotiated for a minimum of 3 weeks paid time off. Not quite the Euro standard, but better than the measly 2 weeks that is common. :-)