lost cam at Smith Rock

pete_a

Okay, I know its a long shot that the folks who check this website may have stumbled across some rather valuable booty at Smith, but I figured I'd give it a shot.

Sunday, April 1st I was at Smith with a few friends and at the end of the day we were climbing Cinnamon Slab, just as we finished the climb it started to rain and we packed rather hastily and took off for the car. For the first time ever, I did not bother to re-rack and double check to make sure I had all my gear. And as it turns out, somewhere at the base of the climb I left behind my #3 BD Camalot...ouch! Expensive mistake eh? Anyways, if anyone happened to come across it and feels like getting some good karma for returning it, I can probably provide some reward $$ as well. Please let me know, thanks,

peter_alderson@hotmail.com

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

that sucks dude, not sound like a downer but if you left a camalot at the bottom of a climb at smith rocks, i doubt you will get it back, the people down there can be really rotten. hope you get it back

and for people planning to go down there in the future always keep an eye on your stuff.

Aidan

well, it makes me feel better to know I'm not the only one who's pulled a bonehead move like this trying to escape the weather...I already bought a replacement cam, and I'm never skipping re-racking my gear immediately after a climb again.

hey, this prob. doesn't apply to you, but I FOUND some booty at the base of cinnamon slag...probably March 23rd? It was the day before most people got rained out. Like I say, it doesn't apply to you but maybe the rightful owner will see this. Email me directly at grouchous_rex@yahoo.com and I might be able to help you get "it" back.