How often do you experience server slowness  

192 members have voted

1. 1. How often do you experience server slowness

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I need to elaborate a bit here.

For months now the website has shown some slowness. When I say slow I'm talking anywhere from 10 seconds to a minute when your page is fully received. Even 10 seconds is really slow but we will call that slow for now. I'm trying to get a handle on how bad this is. I'm looking at dedicated servers at this point, and while there is a large cost associated with doing this, at this point I don't think there is much choice in the matter.

Thx

If you read carefully between the lines you would have seen that jon is looking for us to say that we never notice how sloooowww the servers are, because he has been putting off the big expensive upgrade, because, well, it is expensive... wink.gif Or something like that.

We didn't upgrade to a dedicated server because 1) it's really really expensive 2) our host upgraded our account to include more diskspace. At present time we are over on disk space and we are seeing a performance hit, so we are pretty much being forced to do this because of the amount of traffic we get.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...