Monster.com or other service?

RobBob

Okay, I've got a serious question. I'm considering the idea of hiring a specialized sales employee, but I don't want to advertise the position. (It'll have to be the right person, and unless I find him/her, I don't want to rock the current organization with news of a job opening.)

I want to search resumes from a nationwide database. So my question is: Which service is best these days? I've never tried Monster, and at $1,000 for 2 weeks of access to their nationwide resume service, that's a little strong. Any of you goobers gotten a job or made hires from online job sites?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Technical Sales or General Sales?

Monster is big and broad, there's alot of chaff(whether your looking for an applicant or a job). There are a number of local job site services (like regionalhelpwanted.com), and professional association job sites that are more narrowly tailored to your needs.

If you don't want your organisation to know be careful how you phrase and post the position - your current staff will probably find out.

my resume is floating around on about a dozen job search sites out there; i think that each & every every time I've gotten a call from a recruiter about it, it's been cause they saw it on monster. two such calls led to job interviews, and one of those interviews led towards my current job.

fruit.giffruit.gif

from the job-seeker's point of view, monster.com rockband.gif

that's the kind of feedback I'm looking for. the candidates for this job are not likely to be found locally, and are spread around the US major metros..likely to have 5 yrs experience in this branch of sales. so Monster may be the best answer. But I hate to spend a grand to find out it's not!

I agree with Eric about getting calls where one's info is obtained from a resume on file at Monster.

I didn't realize it costs $1,000 for 2 weeks to advertise on Monster. Hell, I've seen companies advertising for the same job on there for months and months. And some of these are for jobs I interviewed for but didn't get, jobs I could have done easily for them. So it's their stupidity or loss they didn't hire me if they're wiling to spend good money to continue advertising for it (I'm not that lame). This is not even mentioning the ones I was qualified for, sent my resume, etc. in, and didn't even get a response. cry.gif

Rob, have you looked in to Flipdog? It's a lot like Monster.