Speeding Tickets in Oregon

SnowByrd

Americans will never have stringent driver licensing requirements. It infringes too much on every man and woman's God-given right to drive like a moron. Keep the guvmint out of my truck cab, gawdammit!

I got a $200+ speeding ticket in NC once (14 over in a work zone) and a week or so later, now living in Seattle, got a big envelope in the mail. It was a bunch of advertisements from local ambulance chasers offering to get my fine reduced. I paid one, who pled the charge down to "faulty equipment". No stain on my driving record, no increase in insurance premium. I don't feel too bad about it because my speedometer was indeed faulty... I thought I was going slower than what I was clocked at.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello capitalist!

Yes I have been written up in Oregon a few times many years ago. Back then, on the reverse side of the citation was a box you could check to plead guilty with an explanation. Just send the court a polite letter with a check and just maybe the fine will be reduced. I tried it once and it worked.

Thank you for allow me to continue posting.