Best Gym for Kids?

Hoosier_JB

My 8 yr old is interested in climbing and we would like to sign her up for a kids climbing class to help her learn and little bit and get an idea of just how much she really likes it. REI, Stone Gardens, the new gym in Tacoma all offer introductory sessions that look pretty similar.

Anyone have any experience (good or bad) with the kids programs at any of these places? Anyone have thoughts/suggestions etc.

Appreciate the input!

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Stone Gardens program has always had great staff for their kids programs- very supportive, very friendly. I watched members of their staff work with some pretty challenged kids- autism, etc- and have excellent results.

I'm not as familiar with the VW program, but it always is a strong presence on the competitive circuit, and sends lots of kids to national comps.

I know there are lots of parents & instructors (and prolly some kids) on this board who can give more advice.

My son climbs at VW in Redmond in their junior program, which is 2 hours twice a week. He loves it and the staff is very very nice. They have a lighter program with a punch card (you go whenever you feel like it) called Little Rockers that he was in for a year before, and that rocked. That's what made him so motivated to climb. And he's actually one of the reasons I did start climbing this year.

drC