Worst Published Climbing Literature

Lambone

Ament's Piece on Eldo in Climbing 2-4 years ago was undoubtedly the worst ever.

You beat me to the punch. That was without a doubt one of the stupidest articles I've seen in that magazine. Period.

Runner up would have to be that stupid article of Dave Graham, et. al. going to Europe. "UNCENSORED!!!" or some stupid shit like that. madgo_ron.gif

Second runner-up:

That article about bouldering in Manhattan, full of skate-punk phraseology and some dude yelling "flaco!" after "sending the sickness!" somewhere in Central Park.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"White Winds" by Joe Wilcox. About the ill-fated 1967 Muldrow Glacier expedition where seven of his team died in a storm. The entire book is nothing more than lame attempts to absolve himself (as leader) of any responsibility and claim that the tragedy was caused by some sort of "super storm" unrivaled in the annals of mountaineering. rolleyes.gif

Agreed. Read it back to back with "Throne of the Mountain Gods" for an alternate perspective on the same incident.

According to the article flacco is slang for skinny or weak.

I found the article Dwayner is dissing quite inspiring. It reminded me of the article on Kansas climbing. It is good to know that even in areas devoid of climbing those with enough inspiration can find not only climbing, but sufficient material for their ego that the climbing becomes pose-worthy. fruit.gif

Ament's Piece on Eldo in Climbing 2-4 years ago was undoubtedly the worst ever.

You beat me to the punch. That was without a doubt one of the stupidest articles I've seen in that magazine. Period.

Runner up would have to be that stupid article of Dave Graham, et. al. going to Europe. "UNCENSORED!!!" or some stupid shit like that. madgo_ron.gif

Second runner-up:

That article about bouldering in Manhattan, full of skate-punk phraseology and some dude yelling "flaco!" after "sending the sickness!" somewhere in Central Park.

Damn, I missed that one. cry.gif