Stupid House

cj001f

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No, communism is.

Religion has done far more total harm than communism. They both suck ass. Thankfully communism is slowly dying off. Religion is only dying off in the progessive areas of the world.

To quote once again my oft-quoted grandfather wink.gif "Communiusm and Christianity, two of the best ideas on paper that turned out to be utter failures."

No, communism is.

Religion has done far more total harm than communism. They both suck ass. Thankfully communism is slowly dying off. Religion is only dying off in the progessive areas of the world.

To quote once again my oft-quoted grandfather wink.gif "Communiusm and Christianity, two of the best ideas on paper that turned out to be utter failures."

Religion has done much good to offset some of the horrible things done in the name thereof. Communism has no redeeming value whatsoever.

Josh, you list only "Christianity" in your quote above. Are you sure your father did not say "religion" generically? Are you saying Christianity has more flaws than Islam, Judaism, Hinduism, Sikhism, etc...? I can name atrocities (by the dozens!) comitted by all of the latter in just the last 30 years.

Like I said, there is much good to religion too. (...Although I'm trying hard to find any redeeming qualities within Islam. "Religion of peace"...my ass. )

They are all fucked up. I think Christianity was used in response to some stupid shit that had just happened in the name of Christianity, similar to using the quote with Islam post-9/11. I am no sure of the original context.

Agreed, but communism's one redeeming quality was to spur on the space race, IMHO. wink.gif

Yeah, Islam, hmm...that's a tough one, I really can't see a whole lot of good that has come out of that...the religion of Malcolm-X, Mike Tyson and terrorists?