Wild Country Helium recall

tomtom

Northern Mountain Supply called and said they wanted their Wild Country Helium biners back. The excuse was that there was a bad batch of 50 biners that made it out into the market. If I send then my biners, they'll give me my money back. rolleyes.gif

Bad biner. Baaaaadddd biner.

p_kara_helium1.jpg

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had business with Backcountry Store today and asked about this. They confirmed that they had recieved a recall notice but she could not tell me the specific batch. Figure I just bought 12 of the F'ers. Now I have to find some thine else to climb on this weekend. Time to buy some more superflies

On a side note this might be good for me as I destroyed one last weekend.

J

Tideswell, Derbyshire (July 15th 2004) – Wild Country Ltd announce the recall of all Helium karabiners supplied between April and July 2004.

In-process testing has identified a problem with a limited number of karabiners concerning the location of the gate on the nose of the karabiner under load. Should this problem occur in use the minimum breaking strength of the karabiner would be the "Gate Open" strength of 10kN.

Please arrange for the immediate return of all Helium karabiners to;

Wild Country Ltd, Meverill Rd, Tideswell, nr Buxton, Derbyshire, SK17 8PY, United Kingdom.

Or to the store from which they were purchased

The products concerned are;

HELIUM - CLEAN WIRE - RED or SILVER

HELIUM 10MM DYNEEMA Quickdraw13 or 18cm

OXYGEN-HELIUM 12mm Quickdraw 10 or 15 cm

The karabiners are marked with Batch Codes; AAA, AAB, AAC, AAD, AAE and AAF

All karabiners returned will be inspected and further testing will be undertaken.

We will restock this karabiner as soon as possible.

We will be posting information on web-sites, in Internet "Chat Rooms", climbing walls, national climbing publications and other media as deemed appropriate.

For help with identifying the product or for further information on the recall please contact us on; + 44 (0)1298 871010.

• 8 months later...