MT biking at x38

LUCKY

Yeah I know it's not climbing related !

I see there is some very cool downhill single tracking past the climbing on the RR grade where the FS road crosses the Iron Horse trail.

My favorite Mt bikeing is to push up steep ( I hate those uphill pumps and big thighs are not good for climbing) and blast downhill, I use to do that on the bute trail but the rangers put a stop to that.

So anyone got the beta, link or hook up for the x38 single track'n ?????

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My favorite Mt bikeing is to push up steep ( I hate those uphill pumps and big thighs are not good for climbing) and blast downhill, I use to do that on the bute trail but the rangers put a stop to that.

I really hope this is a troll. Pushing up a trail just because you don't want to put in the work, then bombing down a trail with or near regular foot traffic?? hellno3d.gif Do everyone a favor: go to the closest ski area, ride the ski lift to the top, and wash out the corners on the slopes there. The kind of riding you're doing is exactly what endangers access for other mountain bikers, because it comes off as reckless and lazy. thumbs_down.gif

[edit]Let me qualify my statement above with the fact that I'm unfamiliar with the area, and the portion of trail you're talking about may be empty and a great candidate to freeriding, but the approach style still doesn't lend itself to positive viewing by parks service.[/edit]

Edited by badvoodoo

I see I am getting the same spray responce to a question as usual.

No these are not hiker trails and the reason you push is they are too steep to ride, google downhill or free ride mountain biking.

No its not the MT WA trail read the post, toward the pass on the Iron horse trail where it crosses the forest service road there are some steeeeep single track downhill

I just want the beta not someones views on a subject they know nothing about

I don't want into any poltical discussion, the trails are there ,I didn't make them, I just want to ride them .

Edited by LUCKY

You post spray, you get spray. You didn't say the trails were unridable uphill, you said you just didn't want to ride them. I'm an avid mountain biker x-country and freeride, and I've seen many trails shut down around me because of "threats from reckless mountain bikers". If you've found a good trail, I'm all for it, but your description came off as someone just looking to bomb down whatever hill they could find.

You didn't say the

Note to self....say what you mean...be clear....avoid spray....okay, seriously, I know the trail you are talking about and it is too steep to ride unless you're a gorilla with a super sense of balance (and I mean that literally)....I've seen horses out there as well as ATV's (hate them hate them hate them) so be careful when you're bombing so as not to get yaself kicked in the head or ran over by some redneck moron. ATV's are illegal out there I believe so if you see any of those as well, call the Park Service. Geek_em8.gif You got a day/time in mind?

Yo Lucky, I ride that shit at 38. Good gravity riding, if want beta or ride sometime PM me. Note won't be riding for a few more weeks since I have a sprained foot/ankle and wrist.

the_finger.gif you all that can't handle that there are some of us that prefer just riding downhill. Climbing is ok, but flying at mach ten and launching is where it is at.