[TR] Rooster Rock (Menagerie Wilderness)- Regular North Face w/ 5.6 variation 7/9/2004

corvallisclimb

Climb: Rooster Rock (Menagerie Wilderness)-Regular North Face w/ 5.6 variation

Date of Climb: 7/9/2004

Trip Report:

I took 2 of my female friends up rooster rock today, my first time as well. We slogged up the 2000ft in 2 miles approach trail, wich definatly keeps the masses away. Didnt quite know what to expect so I carried my whole rack wich was completly unessesary. We only had one rope with three people so I led up to where there where two old bolts from when there was a fire tower, belayed the girls up to there. Then led the last 60ft to the summit, there was a long run out at the end that was acctually pretty fun cuz the climbing was easy. Brought the girls up one at a time, it was awsome seeing there expressions when they peered over the rock to see the veiw, it was definatly a first for them. I lowerd em down to the middle anchors then lowerd my self to there, we all rapped on our own from there and called it a day.

I was totaly stoaked with the trip, at first I was a little nervous taking the girls out, but everything went perfectly. I can't wait to get out there and do some of the other climbs there, that wilderness is just awsome.

Gear Notes:

3 draws, #4 HB flex cam, #5 & #8 power cam

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic