emmons route

wally

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Start at White River campground, it is the standard approach and is pretty short. It took me 4 hours from the camp ground the camp Shurman when I did it.

It takes maybe an hour to drive to White River camp ground from Enumclaw. Not sure where Roy is.

Wow, four hours from White River to Camp Schurman is pretty good time. I think most people will take longer than that.

Dox

I was with two friends from work who had never really climbed before. One was an elite mountain bike racer, the other a super high enery guy who runs 10k races in 30 minutes off the couch. They dragged my ass up the mountain. We made the summit from Shurman in 4 hours as well.

Wow! Summit from Schurman in 4 hours - impressive indeed. I think my fastest time up from Schurman is like 7 hours - 'course I'm not the fastest hiker around.

Yeah those bike racers have impressive aerobic engines.

Doxey

I jumped on my road bike for the first time in 2 years last night. I noticed that my legs never got tired but my heart and lungs were working full time, especially when this spandex freak tried to pass boxing_smiley.gif I'll have to be getting out there some more. For the city bound it's a good way to get a workout. Frankly, I'd rather mountainbike though.

I jumped on my road bike for the first time in 2 years last night. I noticed that my legs never got tired but my heart and lungs were working full time, especially when this spandex freak tried to pass boxing_smiley.gif I'll have to be getting out there some more. For the city bound it's a good way to get a workout. Frankly, I'd rather mountainbike though.

Neon Spandex freaks beware!! heheheh