Meteor last night.

Bug

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you sure you don't mean 94 Bug? I saw one of those events while out walking in Olympia with friends after dinner. Winter night, but clear, and we had an excellent view of about 7 twinkling masses of varied size slowly cross the horizon. Really freaked out the drunk sitting along on a bench, he wanted to make sure we'd seen it too. yellaf.gif News afterwards claimed it was a Russian satellite.

Edit: A little searching reveals it was November 1997. Here's a link from a questionable source (ufoinfo.com yellaf.gif), but the descriptions of the event are as I remember, including the claim it went down in the Pacific despite the fact it was still well above the horizon as it disappeared east.

I remember that. I was heading east on the Mt. Baker Hwy. Happened to be pulled over and looking up and saw it. Very cool. I agree, I don't know how it crashed into the Pacific when it appeared to be moving across my field of vision to the east and we were well inland from the Puget Sound.