hood avi

letsroll

I have not been following the weather/snow fall that close on hood this past week. May own falt. How does the avi contidions look for friday night? I was planning on doing the dog route to summit at sunrise and board back down. Has there been enough snowfall for me to worry about avi?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

If you stay in standard track up to the Hogsback (east side of Crater Rock) there has never been a recorded avi on those slopes.

I don't think that an accurate statement. I've heard that the slope east of Crater Rock that you have to cross to gain the Hogsback has slid several times in the past. In fact, an aquaintance recently told me of a time when his partner was caught in a slide there a few years back.

However, I do think that you should probably be OK this weekend. Hope you get nice weather thumbs_up.gif

I'm heading up Hood on Sunday, but probably not the SS route. I'm throwing the dice that conditions will be OK elsewhere on the mountain.

The NRCS Mt. Hood station reports that 6-7" of snow fell on Thur and Fri. The current weather report claims that another 1-2" will fall tonight through Saturday. This information tells me that not enough snow fell to worry about SS conditions. But as always, you need to access conditions for youself.