Speaking of guides..Si?

Peter_Puget

I have the 38 guide and the 32 one sounds like it is structured the same way. I agree the flipping back and forth to get info on a climb is a pain. The map and approach info is quite good – I have never become lost on the way to finding one of the new crags and the photos make route identification a snap. Overall I think the 38 guide is pretty good and can’t wait to get my hands on the 32 guide.

PP snaf.gif

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

History???? for a bolted shit crag, I would have been happy with just the photos with the lines and ratings (the only good thing about the books). It is not that hard to count the bolts to decide on how many draws to bring. Who care who bolted it.

i am sure that BB and others spend tons of time and money to make these places what they are today. just because they are not world class areas doesn't mean we shouldn't give people a little respect for their hard work. How much of your own time and money have you spent there?

Seems like too often climbers expect perfectly maintained crags without giving any thought about the time and effort donated by a few to make it that way.

History???? for a bolted shit crag, I would have been happy with just the photos with the lines and ratings (the only good thing about the books). It is not that hard to count the bolts to decide on how many draws to bring. Who care who bolted it.

i am sure that BB and others spend tons of time and money to make these places what they are today. just because they are not world class areas doesn't mean we shouldn't give people a little respect for their hard work. How much of your own time and money have you spent there?

Seems like too often climbers expect perfectly maintained crags without giving any thought about the time and effort donated by a few to make it that way.

well put, cman!

Said poster can f-off...

Cman you gotta good point. I guess my venting of the guide book format and that it is broken up into two overpriced books got the best of me. I do feel that WW1 is a decent wall that has a natural feel and is asthetically nice to climb at, but as for the rest of that shit up there it is almost more enjoyable going to the gym. Please note I the "almost" part. Oh Ryan, btw I don't really climb at Vantage, twice so far. So you and Rumr the_finger.gif off. Sorry you guys I didn't realize I wasn't allowed to have an opinion.

WW1 definitely spanks me everytime I get on that shit there. Then we go do high alpine "scrambling" so you can fill your baby dipes, then cry and need a nap. yelrotflmao.gif

I was going to cry BS until I remembered a time years ago (20+) when I was at a bit over 13k on a popular volcano when I decided that I had enough and wanted to take a nap. I told my partners to go on without and me and pick me up on their return. They walked about 200 feet further and then decided that ole PP was right so we all took a short break and then bailed on the route.

PP bigdrink.gif

BTW the correct term is not "Nap" but rather Siesta!