routes seen at the UW gym

Gary_Yngve

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Considering all the attention I have recieved in the last month, Squid has generously agreed to help me find a real climber. So he put up Snugtop's Revenge (5.13). Redpointers win the right to buy me dinner. If you do it onsite, Corona will come too.

I did an unverified speed ascent of the route! laugh.gif

"Winsome and Toothsome" would be better cause of the double meaning wave.gif
I had toothsome as one word. But, knowing the meaning of the word, it would seem if you lose your teeth, you would no longer be toothsome; it was a tough call and in the end I decided to separate the syllables. Just because there could be a double meaning, it still has to make sense.

Winsome and toothsome are similar in meaning, not dissimilar.

I don't know if you are being deliberately obtuse or if you are just plain stupid. Or, "Dentally deficient". boxing_smiley.gif

I did an unverified speed ascent of the route! laugh.gif

The editors of Gripped, Alpinist, and VBoulder have all contacted me to make a statement re: Mr.Yngve's ascent of 'Snugtops Revenge.' While I am not in a position to either confirm or deny this ascent, I have to admit that it would be a stunning accomplishment.

On the flip side, some serious questions regarding Yngve's climb have been raised, including both verification and tactics. There have been allegations of using untaped holds, 'fat belayer assists,' and other shenanigans.

If anyone has concrete evidence, please pm me and we can discuss this out of the limelight.