• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
Dru

[TR] Skaha- clip ups and cracks 3/27/2004

Climb: Skaha-clip ups and cracks

Date of Climb: 3/27/2004

Trip Report:

Went to Skaha with Mer and Steve. Climbed a lot of gaper routes. Steve and Mer played rope gun yellaf.gif I hardly led anything. Drank a bunch of beer, ate a bunch of bagels. Sunny and cold on Saturday sunny and warm on Sunday. Not too busy at all. One tick and no rattlesnakes. Found a #3 Wild Country Rock lying in some bushes (booty smileysex5.gif). Saw some actual good climbers attempting some actually hard type routes but successfully avoided anything too hard ourselves.

Successful excuses used: "You should lead this cause its a classic and it is your fist time at Skaha, I wouldn't want to blow your chance to onsight it."

"It is too windy to climb this balancy arete - I might get blown off"

"Let's go climb in the sun instead."

"It's a perfect style for you to lead."

"If we walk out this way maybe we will see a rattlesnake."

Gear Notes:

gear

bolts

draws

beer

Subaru

friend's house for cush bivy

Approach Notes:

Subaru

trail

the famous stairs (now half gone)

Hey, you forgot the old standby excuse "I led it last time" and the new and unusual "those pigeons seem really aggressive." wink.gif

"in situ pigeons were not even capable of supporting body weight" shocked.gif

357skaha1.JPG

Geoff on Skin of a Lion GWW

357skaha2.JPG

Kai on Wings of Desire

357insitupigeon.JPG

Feathered booty on Mrs Palmer.

357skaha3.JPG

357skaha4.JPG

Two shots of Gangbang at GWW

357skaha5.JPG

Not a very good shot of Steve pretending to be Sylvester Stallone on "The Dream"

357skaha6.JPG

Don't ever let them tell you there are no slabs at Skaha. shocked.gif

this is probably the best time of the year to go to Skaha. not too hot in the day and poison ivy still not out yet.

Great trip report and photos. Skaha is such a fun place to climb! I do believe the poison ivy is "out" (I've got the typical rash), and rattlesnakes will be any day now.

"not too hard stuff"!???

man, do I feel like a gaper.

Wings of Desire (.11b, and loooong) has thrashed me repeatedly.

I never got on Gangbang, and The Dream absolutely terrified me! (good, and interesting, pro though, and I was a trad newbie at the time)

got a lot of work to do...