gearzen

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posting e-bay auctions in The Yard Sale forum sucks. HCL.gif

But having ads for Mtn. Hardware jackets, mountain guides, Mammut ropes and Pro Mountain Sports (and dozens of other sponsors) running down the side of every page isn't a problem? I'm just a PNW climber trying to update my rack, and maybe bringing a good opp for someone else building their starter rack. It's all relative. wave.gif

I think the objection isn't that you are trying to sell it via cascadeclimbers but rather advertising it for sale elsewhere. I know when I see something posted here with a link to ebay I don't even bother taking a look. If you just offered it up here in the first place I don't think there would be any objections.

And the advertisers you refer to (they don't show up on 'every page' when I peruse the site) are sponsors of cascadeclimbers.

Are you?

I would say those coming to "the yard sale" are probably already shopping for gear. Further, it's not like it's baseball or hockey gear, it's directly related to the site, and esp. to the Section it's listed under. The fact that it's available to a broader market outside of the cc.com board doesn't make it any less an opp. for someone at this site. Not going to look is your perogative, others may be in the market.

And I'm not knocking sponsors, they are a necessary and vital evil of sites like this excellent one, much like the ads in guidebooks. So I'm not so much as sponsor as an athletic supporter. smirk.gif Peace out, dude.

I've posted 6 WC Friends on e-Bay (Wild Country Forged Friends) , Item number:3664020621

They are all in good shape, new professionally-sewn slings (Onsight Equip). They are currently at $45 for a set of six (#1, #1.5, #2, #2.5, #3, #3.5). Grow your rack!

Beyond the rest of this isht, putting a price ($45) on a link to an E-Bay listing is a bit misleading. Us dirtbag cheap-ass climbers don't like being fooled. madgo_ron.gif