Era of Stubai Aschenbrenner Axe?

Cpt.Caveman

I would like it to be contributed\given to a place where it belongs. Then maybe they can deal with it.

What are some ideas?

Ray, although this axe by itself is probably not worth more than about $50 -$100, it is an axe that has real worth just by its history. Althought I hate to see it go out of the northwest, the American Alpine Club has a museum in CO. Another option, if you could talk Fred out of a couple of more items would be to approach the Museum of Hisory and idustry into an exibit on northwest moutnaineering. I am sure there are several people on this board with enough items to start a nice exibit at a local museum.

We were talking to the woman who runs the Mt Erie grocery last weekend, and she said that Dallas Kloke has some old climbing gear he was going to put up a little historical display in the store there when his new guidebook finally comes out. And I know that Otto Trott's widow has the Duke of Abruzzi's ice axe (a friend bought their house a couple of years ago.) So it seems like there is a lot of stuff out there to put together a pretty respectable display at MOHAI if someone were willing to take the lead.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I would like it to be contributed\given to a place where it belongs. Then maybe they can deal with it.

What are some ideas?

Ray, although this axe by itself is probably not worth more than about $50 -$100, it is an axe that has real worth just by its history. Althought I hate to see it go out of the northwest, the American Alpine Club has a museum in CO. Another option, if you could talk Fred out of a couple of more items would be to approach the Museum of Hisory and idustry into an exibit on northwest moutnaineering. I am sure there are several people on this board with enough items to start a nice exibit at a local museum.

We were talking to the woman who runs the Mt Erie grocery last weekend, and she said that Dallas Kloke has some old climbing gear he was going to put up a little historical display in the store there when his new guidebook finally comes out. And I know that Otto Trott's widow has the Duke of Abruzzi's ice axe (a friend bought their house a couple of years ago.) So it seems like there is a lot of stuff out there to put together a pretty respectable display at MOHAI if someone were willing to take the lead.

Lowell Skoog? Harry Majors? I would volunteer some time, but I have absolutly no contacts.