Mission to Mission ridge

Dave_Schuldt

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

GW Watch for rocks on high spots where the wind has blown the snow off and anything not facing north.

IG There is some steeps but they require traversing. When I am paying for the lifts I don't like to waste time and enegy shuffling. We did drop through the Bomber cliffs near Central Park, it was a nice run. The place could use some more snow.

I have had fun other there, it does have pretty decent terrain. the only downside is that you have to do lots of traversing, plus hiking or sidestepping, to get the good fall line runs. that combined with the long slow lift means that you don't get that runs in.

I went to crystal yesterday and it rocked. it was a little warm but the snow up high was deep it filled everything in, even got a few airs in with some super soft landings

The terain, however, isn't that great.

WRONG AGAIN! I just got back from my first time there on Tuesday. Skiied rsteep trees, hiked both directions to Microwave and Bomber cliffs and found great little shots all over the place. The slow chairs are kinda a drag but there were no crowds! Excellent (much dryer) snow too. thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

Dave, try getting off the groomed runs!

Yeah there can be some hiking involved at times, but it can be worth it - skied waist deep+ super super light pow in January off of microwave during a great few days storm. Other places are good too, like out by the bomber cliffs, and central park doesn't see that much traffic. Ripping down the groomers from the top on a nice day is a blast too. I like the fact that from the top, the mountain just doesn't go straight down to the base - there are flatter areas and curves in the trails that stretch the time it takes to get down.