Androids

Dru

I was recently pursaded to switch leash systems. Previously I had used Charlet Saf'lock and I think I would still usethis system on alpine climbs that are mostly snow and rock without significant water ice sections. But for placing screws on steep ice i def like the Android system better. I haven't dropped any tools yet either or had unwanted unclipping although i can see how it can happen.

thumbs_up.gif except the price. $50 each WTF?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For ice they're the business. I've been using a pair for a couple of years and haven't dropped anything yet. For mixed there's a bit more problematic. You're more likely to be using your hands to climb with tools hanging from your wrists. There is also less ice around to stick your tools in when you unclip them so it's easier to drop one.

For ice they're the business. I've been using a pair for a couple of years and haven't dropped anything yet. For mixed there's a bit more problematic. You're more likely to be using your hands to climb with tools hanging from your wrists. There is also less ice around to stick your tools in when you unclip them so it's easier to drop one.

Janez was using them on his Fusions yellaf.gif I thought a leash on a leashless tool was funny

I'm talking about the first one played by shakespearen maestro Ian Holm. I don't really remember but I do remember being scared out of my gourd seeing that movie when little.

From www.imdb.com ...

Memorable Quotes from

Alien (1979)

Parker: It's a robot! Ash is a god damn robot!

Ripley: Ash, can you hear me? ASH!

Ash: Yes, I can hear you.

Ripley: What was your special order?

Ash: You read it. I thought it was clear.

Ripley: What was it?

Ash: Bring back life form. Priority One. All other priorities rescinded.

Parker: It's the damn company. What about our lives, you son of a bitch?

Ash: I repeat, all other priorities rescinded.

Ripley: How do we kill it? There got to be a way of killing it. How? How do we do it?

Ash: You can't.

Parker: Bullshit.

Ash: You still don't understand what you're dealing with, do you? Perfect organism. Its structural perfection is matched only by its hostility.

Lambert: You admire it.

Ash: I admire its purity. A survivor... unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality.

Parker: Look, I am, I've heard enough of this, and I'm asking you to pull the plug.

Ash: Last word.

Ripley: What?

Ash: I can't lie to you about your chances, but... you have my sympathies.

Man, that stuff was great!

haha you lose. I am sure of it's spelling, it is not a u.s. release, and it is not a movie.

IMDb is best used for movies, and then best for US movies, altho video games, TV series, and mini-series do show up on occasion.

But now we're talking about Doctor Who, now, aren't we? Does Prince Reynart count?

I don't remember any androids in harry potter, though that would be hard because I have not seen any of the movies or read any of the books...

fern's pretty much got it and I will pretend she does not know the EXACT ANSWER for the sake of not revealing pure unadulterated Geek_em8.gifGeek_em8.gifGeek_em8.gif