• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
Peter_Puget

Happy 93rd!

Hats off to him. Happy Bday.

Any bets on when he is going to kick the bucket?

I know some people as old as him that are still driving around. Now that is scary.

Uncle Miltie the Monetarist used to be my hero, until I took college economics. Now I realize you can't let any of the ideologues have complete sway with the economic system.

No! He disagrees with some of my heroes! He does have some groovy ideas!

Who are they?

Here's man who has influenced my thinking.

mises2.gif

"It is the mission of the Mises Institute to...encourage a revival of critical historical research, and draw attention to neglected traditions in Western philosophy."

This flies in the face of mainstream conservatism today. Are you familiar with Heideggar's work?

I know some people as old as him that are still driving around. Now that is scary.

True that. In my book, he was a great man. I wish I could have been old enough to vote for him.

Now there is a man who despite once claiming he was not a conservative provides the strongest arguement for societies to be conservative!

Ya happy birthday Mr. President(ret). I hope your fight with Alzheimer's is short. I had a good friend get this disease;it's not a pretty thing to witness take over the body and mind.

True that. In my book, he was a great man. I wish I could have been old enough to vote for him.

I will admit that I prefer Reagan to GWBush