Resist the new Rome by Osama bin Laden

catbirdseat

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can see where they are coming from since Russia has long been in the vanguard of human progress on all fronts - and has always been loathe to encroach upon its neighbors in any fashion whatsoever - and in my mind these achievements make Russia uniquely qualified to criticise the rest of the world in general and the United States in particular on all of these fronts.

If the world authorities had the daring to expose following lies the peace on earth would be secure:

- the treacherous sinking of the Kursk submarine by Nato subs that were lurking in the Barent Sea

- the fake moon landings of the USA that duped simple souls

- the self-inflicted Hollywood style attack of WTC by improbable suicide muslims masterminded by the US zionist neocons with the manifest perfectly controlled implosion of the 3 skyscrapers with hundreds of US fire-fighters inside, the inaction of the Air Defence and of Norad, the absence of investigation and court-martial.

Nowadays the moral authorities on the planet are jointly France (with its modern force de frappe) and Russia (with its triad of nuclear deterrence).

I can see where they are coming from since Russia has long been in the vanguard of human progress on all fronts -

JayB-

You may want to look at the change in literacy rates in Russia under the communists.(To among the highest in the world, from one of the lowest) Though it neither excuses, nor negates the horrors, they did make substantial change for the better in the lives of their population.

I can see where they are coming from since Russia has long been in the vanguard of human progress on all fronts -

JayB-

You may want to look at the change in literacy rates in Russia under the communists.(To among the highest in the world, from one of the lowest) Though it neither excuses, nor negates the horrors, they did make substantial change for the better in the lives of their population.

Yeah - I would have to agree that those who were not killed by the Communists were more likely to be able to read than their predecessors who lived under the Czars. But show me a nation Europe in which the average literacy rate did not increase during that same interval. Means vs Ends.

Anyhow - It's just incredibly amusing for me to see Russians who think that their history - go back as far as you like - puts them in a position to criticize any nation for anything outside of literature and Vodka production - the second of which even the Swedes do far better than they IMO.

but what were they reading? another example of how little stats mean.

Things like signs, letters to each other, you know, highbrow stuff. On a political level, a literate populace is also considered one of the requirements to maintaining a stable democracy.

JayB - Russians have little business criticizing anyone in foreign policy. That you think their only accomplishments are literature and a prodigous appetite for vodka shows you ignorance (Math, Physics).

Somehow I don't think Pravda is much different than CC. Everyone (including me) is talking out their ass 90% of the time.

I did leave out math, physics, and engineering. Other nations made greater contributions without the death toll though.

And I don't think that the folks on that message board were directing their criticism towards America's mathematicians or physicists so I remain amused.