Leaven-not-quite-worth-it

geordie

Poked around looking for ice since I've been gone for the few weeks. No suprise - Hyalite DOES have better ice.

Things are headed in the right direction though. I think the White Pines area holds the most promise. The road is getting plowed regulary- no need to ski in. Studly M climbers with cool nicknames like Bubba, Jo Jo and Farm Boy should find something of interest right now - take some pins, huevos, and a little creativity. If this week is as cold as it should be we might get something to put screws into.

The Icicle isn't much to write about, Rainbow Falls isn't as wet as I've seen it, but I wouldn't call it "forming". Didn't check out Hubba hubba- with this much new snow the Funnel seems like a bad place to be. The mixed TR spot a mile after the road closure might be worth a look..

Anyone with a snowmobile wanna go to Strobach?

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

'Figuring that alpine conditions were likely to be horrible, a few of us went to L'worth on the 26th. Geordie is right that things are looking pretty skinny...but. We drove out to look at Hubba Hubba; it's starting to show some promise, definitely enough ice to climb, if not protect. We took that as a hint and hiked up Snow Lake trail to Millennium Walls. What we found wasn't great, but enough to make our day worthwhile. We had foolishly left the snowshoes in the car, and paid the price with an epic wallow just to get to the toprope anchors. After that was accomplished, we managed to work in four or so nice variations on the right hand end of the formations. Cool verglass finish to get back to the anchors. Bring a 60 m rope if you can, it'll make belaying off the big solid tree much easier.