sector9@tractor

bobbyperu

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They're excellent. The keyboard player is an old friend of mine. I saw the first Sector 9 show with Dave Phipps playing with them....sitting in actually, they were a 3 piece with just Zach, Hunter and Dave Murphy at the time. Drummer is straight ill. Kid was only like 18 when they started touring. Phipps is one of the best musicians I've ever played with.

Doors at 8, show at 9, $15

notes :: The five members of SOUND TRIBE SECTOR NINE forego screaming solos, and even singing, which can abruptly remove listeners from the overall soundscape STS9 is mapping. The band’s quest has never been to just get on stage, play verse, chorus, verse, encore and leave, but to incorporate music with lighting, video, decorations and DJs; a complete environmental experience provided by the people that make up the band’s extended “Sound Tribe.” Their sensory presentation starts from the minute the audience walks in the door to the sounds of a DJ spinning everything from raging drum ‘n’ bass to the latest European downbeat. The group has developed their nonverbal communication so acutely that even their breathing seems synchronized. Sound Tribe Sector Nine hits groove pockets and just as quickly spirals out of them as befits the environment. Their new album -- Live At Home -- is a collection of 23 unreleased tracks created over the past three years at home and on the road. From lush ambient textures and downtempo moods to eclectic, playful instrumentals, this album is a glimpse into the diversity of creation that embodies STS9. The soft, round pads and rhythmic skitter of electronic composers such as Boards of Canada and Prefuse 73 and the genre-defying compositions of breakbeat-based artists like Ming & FS and DJ Spooky, inspired them to further explore what they are capable of doing in the studio. And considering STS9’s sensitivity to environment and atmosphere as well as the band’s consummate musicianship, Live At Home promises to stun its audience with a completely new groove.

________

No tiene dinero! wish I could make it.

all i can say is straight up dance party at the showbox!!! wow, i'm still reeling in the grooves these doods layed down... amazing show, good turn out for a thursday... and their rythm section is all up... homeboy on drums is like animal from the muppets, and the bassist lays it down thick, bigdrink.gif to all who made it out rockband.giffruit.gif good times!-bp

i'm not a hater... wave.gif

thanx... sorry you found them to be o.k., thats cool tho... everyone having a good time last nite seemed to be diggin it, and not really hung up on the beat counts rolleyes.gif sometimes its best for me to just listen and enjoy, not scrutinize, but thats just me, and what the fuck do i know? confused.gif-bp