THE BUSH TURKEY WAS FAKE!!

Dru

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is Michael Moore's take on the fake turkey.

I look forward to watching the shit storm that Michael Moore usually provokes on this site...

Turkeys on the Moon... from Michael Moore

December 8, 2003

Dear Mr. Bush,

Well, it's going on two weeks now since your surprise visit to one of the two countries you now run and, I have to say, I'm still warmed by the gesture. Man, take me along next time! I understand only 13 members of the media went with you -- and it turns out only ONE of them was an actual reporter for a newspaper. But you did take along FIVE photographers (hey, I get it, screw the words, it's all about the pictures!), a couple wire service guys, and a crew from the Fox News Channel (fair and balanced!).

Then, I read in the paper this weekend that that big turkey you were holding in Baghdad (you know, the picture that's supposed to replace the now-embarrassing footage of you on that aircraft carrier with the sign "Mission Accomplished") -- well, it turns out that big, beautiful turkey of yours was never eaten by the troops! It wasn't eaten by anyone! That's because it wasn't real! It was a STUNT turkey, brought in to look like a real edible turkey for all those great camera angles.

Now I know some people will say you are into props (like the one in the lower extremities of your flyboy suit), but hey, I get it, this is theater! So what if it was a bogus turkey? The whole trip was bogus, all staged to look like "news." The fake honey glaze on that bird wasn't much different from the fake honey glaze that covers this war. And the fake stuffing in the fake bird was just the right symbol for our country during these times. America loves fake honey glaze, it loves to be stuffed, and, dammit, YOU knew that -- that's what makes you so in touch with the people you lead!

It was also a good idea that you made the "press" on that trip to Baghdad pull the shades down on the plane. No one in the media entourage complained. They like the shades pulled and they like to be kept in the dark. It's more fun that way. And, when you made them take the batteries out of their cell phones so they wouldn't be able to call anyone, and they dutifully complied -- that was genius! I think if you had told them to put their hands on their heads and touch their noses with their tongues, they would have done that, too! That's how much they like you. You could have played "Simon Says" the whole way over there. It wouldn't have been that much different from "Karl Says," a game they LOVE to play every day with Mr. Rove.

Well, if you're planning any surprises for Christmas, don't forget to include me. When I heard last week that you wanted to send a man back to the moon, I thought, get the fake goose ready -- that's where ol' George is going for the holidays! I don't blame you, what with nearly 3 million jobs disappeared, and a $281 billion surplus disappeared, and the USA stuck in a war that will never end -- who wouldn't want to go to the moon! This time, take ALL the media with you! Embed them on the moon! They'll love it there! It looks just like Crawford! You can golf on the moon, too. You'll have so much fun up there, you might not want to come back. Better take Cheney with you, too. Pretend it's a medical experiment or something. "That's one small step for man, one giant leap for every American who's sick and tired of all this crap."

Yours,

Michael Moore

mmflint@aol.com

www.michaelmoore.com

You really think it was a "gesture to the troops". If that was the case, why did he bring all 5 photographers and cameramen, and then carried a fake turkey? Surely if it was truly a "gesture to the troops", he could have left the photogs behind, and carried a REAL turkey.

Seems like it was really a gesture to the US public. Which case using a fake turkey does speak volumes about his philosophy: as a famously drunken Canadian author said it best, "don't let the facts get in the way of a good story".

Fake turkey. Fake WMDs. Fake terrorists. Where does it end? Re-election, I suppose... smileysex5.gif

catbirdseat said:

Of course I don't think that. But he pulled it off so well it looked sincere.

He hardly pulled it off...the cat (or turkey) is out of the bag. Only took a week for it to leak. Of course, Fox News probably will make light of it, if they mention it at all, so most voters won't even hear about it, so you are probably right - he did pull it off!

vegetablebelay said:

Don't see why you're getting so worked up about a photo op. He did go to Iraq and spend Thanksgiving with the troops which you can't take away from him no matter how hard you try. yellowsleep.gif

In my opinion:

Was it a TOTALLY sincere thing? Which is kinda how it seemed made out to be. Serving up the troops and all. It is like around election times there comes the "advertising". You know, polotician walks around says the things you want to hear, kisses a few black babies, helps an old lady across the street.

Now you tell us why it makes no difference to you at all?

murraysovereign said:

Hang on a sec. All he did was pick up a platter of fake turkey and get his picture taken showing it to a GI. I don't think it's an impeachable offense.

Besides, now that everyone knows it was fake, the propaganda value of that photo for next year's campaign has been greatly diminished.

So he was showing a fake turkey to a GI. Interesting.

Yeah the propaganda value has diminished. There will be more propaganda though. That I feel is a problem in politics.

And it was the 50th anniversary of D-day with Clinton walking along Omaha beach where he discovers this small pile of stones. He carefully and thoughtfully builds a cross on the beach where so many had died and bows his head for a moment.....fade out.

Who the fuck cares unless you're gullible enough to think this shit doesn't happen all the time. yellowsleep.gif

scott_harpell said:

uhm. he didn't even know it was a fake turkey chaps. change your depends and get over it. rolleyes.gif

I don't care it was a fake turkey or a real one. He is a poser like yourself. Eat my soiled depends.

How hard is it to not realize it was a fake?

George W = Presidential Gaper

ILuvAliens said:

scott_harpell said:

uhm. he didn't even know it was a fake turkey chaps. change your depends and get over it. rolleyes.gif

I don't care it was a fake turkey or a real one. He is a poser like yourself. Eat my soiled depends.

well near a billion people couldn't tell either. poseur rolleyes.gif

scott_harpell said:

ILuvAliens said:

scott_harpell said:

well near a billion people couldn't tell either. poseur rolleyes.gif

How many were there genius?