A Message From Our Troops In Iraq to Bush

scrambler

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Above. The middle finger. The middle finger.

Damn I know it's bad form to reply to my own thread but I gotta bring up this weblog. It's gotta be one of the best reporting from Iraq with little or no bias, just the facts, ma'am.

Kevin Sites Blog

"Unlike some soldiers, he is not confused about his mission. It is not for hearts and minds, but to defeat the enemy. Colonel Hickey carries himself with overriding air of formality. He was former cavalry officer and quietly revels in the history of that belonging. He wears an ascot at times and would seem at home with jodpurs and a whip.

He has a reputation for being one of the most aggressive commanders in the theatre -- and if things goes well here, he likely get his first general's star.

"I have a military problem here and I'm applying a military solution," he says with complete confidence. "Our adversaries are not militarily effective. They are mercenaries, terrorists and pirates and they will be defeated."

--exerpt from blog

tn_AlAujaCheckpoint.jpg

ABOVE -- Al Auja: Al Auja is the birthplace of Saddam Hussein. The community here was very pampered during his rule. But now U.S. forces feels it's a nest of former regime loyalists and anti coalition fighters. It's wrapped the entire town in triple layered razor wire. Male residents must register and carry ID cards. There is only one checkpoint that all four-thousand residents must enter and leave through. This man was already cleared to exit, but spun his wheels in anger on the way out. A U.S. soldier had a bead on him with his M-16 before he stopped his car. The second search was bit more invasive.

All images and exerpts above from weblog at the link.

Looks to me like he's giving the finger to the reporter/photographer taking the photo. Maybe he's tired of all the reporters waiting like jackals for he, or his buddies to die instead of reporting about the schoolhouse or police station that the troops just helped rebuild down the street.

Maybe you just want to believe he's givin' GW the bird. Hell, maybe he's giving you the finger.....like I am right now.

trask said:

Hey motherfucker, don't be harshin' on my pal Fairweather. He speaks the truth.

You know what, Trask? You're right muthafucker. That first photo is just a propanganda piece. I don't know the true target of that one finger salute. I don't believe the intention is to put the troops in any kind of bad light, they're doing their job. Once again, it's a fair criticism of the Bush administration.

Fairweather seems to think that journalists are playing into the hands of enemy by revealing the cost of war thereby turning public opinion against the administration's efforts. I believe he'd prefer a military government that controls media, etc. Me, my vision of America and Americanism, includes a public press and freedom of speech, having my voice heard and sometimes having the gov't respond, etc. Here's a question though, should all negative information be suppressed? Should all information from the battlefield be classified and subjected to censorship pending release? If government decides 'all the news fit to be read' then are we to trust their stories??

trask said:

Scrambler - Fair and balanced reporting is all I request. Let's see the good with the bad. BTW, I'm not convinced that real-time images of the war, any war, are such a good thing.

no shit. if i were serving right now i would be flipping off those ass hole reporters waiting to cash in on my death too. fuck the rag and fuck you! the_finger.gif