Tissot altimeter watches

klenke

So, I was in a jewelry store today getting a new strap for my old Casio altimeter watch (still works after 10 years) and the clerk showed me the new Swiss-made Tissot altimeter-temperature-compass watch. Anybody got this bad boy? Only something like $599 in the store I was in... Tissot Bad Boy

The watch operates by touching the face over the corners to initiate the features labeled in the corners. One thing I found cool is how the hands move to point to due north when in compass mode. I certainly didn't like the way touching the face leaves big fat fingerprint smudges on it thus curtailing efficient reading of it.

Other than that, too pricey for my needs. The store said they were selling them out fast. I think he was just giving me a sales pitch. But then again, this is a yuppie town (though Ballard aint that yuppie).

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had an older casio I loved and I'm looking for a new altimeter watch up to $200. Problem is they all are so big now so they can have a compass, thermometer, barometer, toothbrush, scissors, cofeemug, etc. I don't want a friggin' mack truck on my wrist. Anyone know of a smaller altimeter watch that doesn't cost a bunch?

I would suggest visiting a watch store or maybe something like REI's watch/sunglasses counter. Or maybe try their online database.

The guy at the jewelry store showed me both a stainless steel version and a titanium version of the Tissot watch. The titanium version felt much lighter, as is to be expected. The band and case are titanium.

Casio, Sunto, and Tissot are three altimeter watches I can think of off the top of my head. There are more, I'm sure.

I've got this one:

http://www.rei.com/online/store/ProductDisplay?storeId=8001&catalogId=40000008001&productId=29674906&parent_category_rn=25467138

A little bit less than I wanted but still quite good for its price.

++: very precise and accurate, good range (-800 to 30k) easy on-screen help, easy calibration, big buttons, PRICE

--: time and altitude are on different screens, measures speed in ft/min, would be better if ft/hr

David_Parker said:

I had an older casio I loved and I'm looking for a new altimeter watch up to $200. Problem is they all are so big now so they can have a compass, thermometer, barometer, toothbrush, scissors, cofeemug, etc. I don't want a friggin' mack truck on my wrist. Anyone know of a smaller altimeter watch that doesn't cost a bunch?

Nike Ascent Watch

I've had great luck with this one. You can find them at the outlet store in North Bend for cheap. And they go up to 30,000 feet.

Figger_Eight said:

David_Parker said:

Nike Ascent Watch

I've had great luck with this one. You can find them at the outlet store in North Bend for cheap. And they go up to 30,000 feet.

How much did you see these for in the north bend outlet? I F@*#(@ lost my watch earlier this season and I miss it.