AT skis on the lifts?

salbrecher

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jens said:

As for the original question, in my opinion if you have the money to afford a season pass, treat yourself to regualr alpine ski gear.

It has been my experience as an 8 year ski instructor that an above average skier with state of the art alpine equipment that is fitted and tuned will ski every bit as good as the most elite 1% of those on AT or tele gear when skiing on in-bounds terrain. (bumps, ice, groomed, etc.)

I'm curious as to what AT gear you are referring to. Obivously light Dynafit boots and bindings on something like the Tua Helium are not going to give the performance of alpine boards, Freerides, and huge, burly AT boots. So are you referring to light AT gear, or burly AT gear? Or am I just stupid?

I quit buying alpine gear. I use FD binding, and AT skis or fat skis. The skins I have will fit any of my skis. This way I can AT or Alpine and spend less money on gear. I also believe the that skiing the AT gear actually requires me to pay closer attention to form and precision. Thus, improving my AT skiing when out and about.