Lamplighter

specialed

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

hey pete... first pitch of lamplighter is burly! the chimney is well protected... tho keep an eye out for frost wedging on some of your options with this cold weather. 1 bolt near the top... i used a 4.5 cause i have one, you could get away without... then the corner above is steep and kinda hard. gear and 2 bolts to the first station... then hopefully youre plannin on moving the belay 30 ft right clipping the rack to it, and busting out up heavens gate!!!! you'll have ablast! fruit.gif-bp

I wonder if you mean the OW/Squeeze just to the left of Lamplighter. I wouldn’t describe the first pitch of Lamplighter as either a squeeze or as an offwidth but the overhanging crack just to the left can be described that way. A couple years ago I ripped some huge pieces of rock from the left crack so the rating is up in the air. If I was leading it, I would definitely bring along some big gear. 4” would be a bit on the small side.

DCramer said:

I wonder if you mean the OW/Squeeze just to the left of Lamplighter. I wouldn’t describe the first pitch of Lamplighter as either a squeeze or as an offwidth but the overhanging crack just to the left can be described that way. A couple years ago I ripped some huge pieces of rock from the left crack so the rating is up in the air. If I was leading it, I would definitely bring along some big gear. 4” would be a bit on the small side.

that thing looks desperate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!