Colfax Peak

dberdinka

So what's the deal with technical routes on this pretty bitchin subpeak of Baker? Necro posted a recent photo showing an almost in (???) drivel of ice on it north face above the Coleman Glacier. Is this the Polish Route established by everyones favorite clown puncher? Or is that the rampy stuff a little further to climbers right. Necro, Bob, Layton fill us in.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

are they in? if they are go and do it- they are fun. now i don't think i made fa, after talking to jason and steve house. there are 2 gulies on the n/ne face. when i was there 3 years ago only one was formed. jason was asking about details. my memory is kind of hazy, since we were drinking till midnight and left town at5 am totally hung over. most of the route was fairly moderate, with one steep step, protected by stubbies. there are no good anchors on the top, so don't get on the final snowfield or you'll end up having epic like we did.

one more note- when we did the route we saw a couple of pins with a red sling to our left. i think they might form a bit to the left or right. and the rock is total choss.