Where's the beer guzzling tomorrow?

rayborbon

Glad all ya'll had a time of it. Due to pass closure, I attended the Ardenvoire Club Pub at the grocery/post office/hardware/liquor/restaurant/bar/video rental/fishing tackle store maybe 10 or 15 miles up the Entiat River Valley. We had a great turnout. In fact everyone in the Ardenvoir Greater Metropolitan Area was there, which including one stranded traveler, made 8 of us. They were a seasoned crowd--you could divide my three decades two or three times into these oldster's years of existence. Sailor Tom reminesced about World War I. Gus told the story of every fire in the valley since 1916. Three Fingered Jack (Technically, he should be called "Two Fingered, One Thumbed Jack") smoked an unfiltered Gunsmoke held between thumb and ring finger and told of the days when the saw mill buzzed and Ponderosas lived up to their latin name. Octegenarian Floyd sat slouched between bar stool and wall, silent, still under his cowboy hat, presumably still alive. Maude kept the $1.25 cans of Hamms, Olympia and Ranier coming.

Just from wandering around up at the end of the road (snowed in at 25 miles) I was impressed by the quality and quantity of granite up in them thar hills!

[ 03-21-2002: Message edited by: Uncle Tricky ]

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic